Picture Of Woman With Car Keys

School Of Motoring Ballymoney

School Of Motoring Ballymoney- Keeps you up todate with changes to the driving test.

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Tags
    Tags Displays a list of tags that have been used in the blog.
  • Bloggers
    Bloggers Search for your favorite blogger from this site.
  • Team Blogs
    Team Blogs Find your favorite team blogs here.
  • Login
    Login Login form

Changes To Vehicle Licensing And Registration Services

Posted by on in School Of Motoring
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 80131
  • 1 Comment
  • Subscribe to this entry
  • Print

During March we told you about the changes to vehicle registration and licensing services in Northern
Ireland. These come following the introduction of enhanced electronic services, to provide the same quality of service across the UK.

They will also give NI motorists additional services that they do not have now. The Driver & Vehicle Agency
(DVA) will no longer offer vehicle licensing services in Northern Ireland. This will become the responsibility
of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) in Swansea.

How to tax your vehicle from 21 July 2014 Tax or SORN online Use the DVLA's online service to tax your vehicle or make a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) 24 hours a day, seven days a week from home, work or abroad.

Simply go to the official DVLA website www.gov.ukltax-disc and follow the instructions. Tax or SORN by phone Call the DVLA dedicated number 03001234321. It takes less than 5 mins. To tax or SORN online
or by phone you will need: the reference number from your new style V11 or V85/1 reminder or V5C (NI)registration certificate a credit card or debit card if making payment.

Your MOT, if needed, and insurance will be checked automatically online. No need to find the documents. When you tax online or by phone your tax disc is sent to you by post and can take up to 5 days to arrive. Tax at the Post Office'" You can still tax any vehicle through additional face-to-face services available at many local post offices, some with Saturday opening.

Please note: You won't be able to post an application to tax your vehicle to DVA offices after Friday 11
July 2014, and over the counter services at DVA local offices will stop after Thursday 17 July 2014.


Some of the forms will look different The V11 reminder to tax your vehicle will include a reference number. The V85/1 reminder to tax your HGV will replace the V13 (NI). Please read the new instructions carefully. registering your vehicle and notifying changes from 21st July 2014. If you buy/sell a vehicle or need to make changes to the details on your V5C (NI) registration certificate follow the instructions on the form.

To notify a new keeper or changes to a vehicle send the form to DVLA Swansea SA991BA or if you have
sold the vehicle to a motor trader DVLA Swansea SA99 1 BD. Do not send to the DVA Central Office in
Coleraine as shown on the form. You can find full instructions, including the complete address and postcode
to send the form to, on www.gov.uk Your existing forms will remain valid and do not need to be changed.

Please note: You can't post any forms to DVA's Central Office in Coleraine after Friday 11 July 2014, and
over the counter services at DVA local offices will stop after Thursday 17 July 2014. Until then register
and tax your vehicle as normal.  Other changes Buy a personalised registration number In addition to existing auctions you will now have access to the DVLA's personalised registration sales scheme.

You will be able to buy a GB format personalised registration number and put it directly onto your Northern
Ireland registered vehicle. For more information visit our website at http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uklKeep your Northern Ireland registration number If you want to keep a number plate and later move it to another vehicle you will be able to use a Certificate of Retention from 21

You will need a form V317 Application to transfer or retain a vehicle registration number. Transfer a
personalised registration number To transfer a personalised number plate from one vehicle to another you should complete form V317 Application to transfer or retain a vehicle registration number.

From 11 July you should post your application to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1 DS. The counter service at DVA local offices will be available until close of business on 17 July. Additional information If you are interested in finding out more about how your services will change and the new services that will be available go to
www.gov.uk Or you can follow us on Twitter @DVLAgovuk, YouTube, Facebook and Linkedin or


Trackback URL for this blog entry.

Drew Purdy School Of Motoring Ballymoney. A.D.I, D.V.A, and D.O.E approved driving instructor. My school of motoring was established in 1983. At School Of Motoring Ballymoney, I will teach you throught a series of sessions on road, on pre-defined routes particularly chosen to give the learner a comprehensive experience on driving in various road and traffic conditions.


Leave your comment

Guest Saturday, 20 August 2022
Go to top